Quick Info Sheet From MuscleNerd About iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak | Untethered
If you ask every iOS 5.1.1 user what he need the most for his iPhone (or other iGadget) he says – untethered jailbreak. So we will talk about that here.
Update: Download Absinthe 2.0 and perform iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak right now.
Fresh info about iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak came from Musclenerd. An hour ago he tweeted that there is “quick info sheet” concerning awaited jailbreak. You can see it in the picture below:
The link that you can see in the tweet directs you to http://musclenerd.com were he shared a fresh info about untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1. First you I give what MuscleNerd wrote on his blog and then we’ll try to deal with that.
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
First he said about experimental status of all given info. And also he said jailbreak works perfectly on all devices except Apple TV 3.1.
The possibility of working jailbreak on almost all iDevices was achieved thanks two @westbaer and @planetbeing who found kernel exploits for it.
The jailbreaking tool will be Absinthe v2.0 and I’ve already wrote you about that. That means that we can enjoy fast and easy jailbreak like in iOS 5.0.1. We will use the same CLI cinject as in first Absinthe tool and also latest version of Redsn0w.
However the most intriguing news in all this is when will we see untetrhered jailbreak? And there is not clear answered again.
Probably you now that hacker’s way of living is the code writing all night long, so don’t be greedy and give even a bucks. Here is pod2G’s paypal account that you can use for donation.