Meet With New Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Features After Download
This day has become and iPhone Dev team finally released new version of Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 and you can download it here. This version is very interesting and it differs from previous versions of this red tool.
When you download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 you will get a lot of new features and updates and you can use it not only for iOS 6 jailbreak. But if talking about jailbreak it still be tethered but you don’t need to use Terminal and install Cydia as it was before. New redsn0w installs Cydia and automatically makes tethered Just Boot if the device is in DFU mode.
Also for all iPhone 3GS with old bootrom running iOS 6 the jailbreak is untethered. Also you can use redsn0w 0.9.15b1 for untethered iOS 6 hactivation on iPhone 4 and 3GS.
I don’t want to distort words of developers about new features of Redsn0w 0.9.15b1, so I give you the quote straight from iPhone Dev team blog:
- directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns
- fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
- block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
- deactivate any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
- activation status shown on “Even more” page
- significantly more (very nerdy) info returned by “Identify” button when device is in Normal mode
- tethered jailbreak of ATV2 supported (but the only thing available for it is the SSH2 custom bundle available here — no Cydia yet. Must use “Select IPSW” for tethered boot of ATV2 for now).
- auto-exit WTF mode for older devices with broken buttons
- any time a set of blobs is fetched remotely (from Apple or Cydia), redsn0w also saves them locally (and will check there first if you click “Local”)
- for your future restoring convenience, you should also submit all of your past and present TinyUmbrella blobs to Cydia if you haven’t done so yet. Resubmitting is okay and won’t cause conflicts.
After you read this you can download Redsn0w for Mac and Windows using direct links below.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- Download Redssn0w 0.9.1b1 for Windows. You must remember to run it As administrator.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 for Mac. If you use Mountain Lion you have to use holding Ctrl click Open to run it.
The full tutorial guide on how to jailbreak iOS 6 using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 is ready and you can use it. And now meet with downgrade features and possibilities with this new tool.
Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 also has a re-restoration option. Owners of third-generation iPad and iPhone 4S can reinstall any version of iOS 5.x, even if Apple stopped signing this firmware. To successfully perform the procedure, you must have certificates saved SHSH blobs for iOS 5.x and installed via iTunes firmware iOS 5.x, unfortunately, downgrade iOS 6 at this stage is not possible.
iPad 2 owners can perform downgrade if you save the certificate iOS 4.x or iOS 5.x even with iOS 6. Users of the iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod touch 4G can also reduce the firmware iOS 6 for iOS 5.x for untethered jailbreak (again with saved SHSH blobs). How to upgrade to iOS 6 preserving baseband using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will be discussed in a separate article.
Note that right now there is no tethered or untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 on A5+ Apple devices. The iPhone Dev Team is working on it at the moment. Previously, I wrote about the successful iPhone 5 jailbreak running Cydia, which carried out the hacker and developer of unofficial applications Chpwn. Unfortunately, this solution is not suitable for public use. However iPhone Dev team together with some members of Chronic Dev team are working on it.
But now you can download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 and enjoy its new features.