Full List of iOS 6 beta 4 Options and Changes | Roundup
If you don’t know iOS 6 beta 4 features than you are in the right place. Meet with all options and changes that new beta version brought to us. Yesterday was another great day for developers because now they can download iOS 6 beta 4 and test apps and games before official release date.
Except new features, 4th beta brings some improvements and bug fixes. I tried to find a full list of beta 4 options and published it here. As said there were not only new features but some new changes too. Also according to Musclenerd you can still use Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 to jailbreak iOS 6 beta 4 pointing IPSW firmware in Select IPSW Redsn0w option. But let’s take a look at features before you decide to download it and jailbreak.
iOS 6 beta 4 Features and Changes
1. The very first thing that many noticed, there is no You Tube app available. Some say that it happened because of Google vs Apple war. But the answer is simple. The license to include this app was ended but you can visit You Tube in Safari. Also there is news that Google is working to bring this app to the App Store soon.
2. Another new iOS 6 beta 4 option appeared in Privacy Settings. Now you can see a new option – Bloetooth Sharing, that means that all apps, which you shared via Bluetooth, are shown there. Also there is new section for Facebook and Twitter.
3. Improved Maps app is another great change. Namely thee is improved mapping data, better performance, font rendering and the noting of one way streets.
4. Also new there is new option available in Settings => Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Now you can enjoy a Shared Calendars Alerts which notify you about new, modified or deleted shared events.
5. Another change you can notice in the Settings => General => Cellurar is – Wi-Fi Plus Cellular. This iOS 6 beta 4 function allows apps having trouble with Wi-Fi to use cellular data (3G).
6. Passbook app was updated too. Now you can enjoy the new button that takes you to the App Store. For more info about Passbook app in iOS 6 go here.
7. Improvements didn’t pass Siri as well. There is updated help section (i). Now you can ask Siri sports scores and stats, where to eat, what movie to watch and to post on Twitter or Facebook. Also there are news that Siri local search now works in Netherlands.
Some our readers said that there were problems with over the air update. If you have some issues with that, just turn off Wi-Fi and check for update. If you see the update button just turn Wi-Fi on and do it. Also you can try to disable location services if you get “unable to check for update” issue.
Also if you successfully update your device to beta 4 it will prompt you to enter your Apple ID in iCloud, however there in not clear what it means, just do it.
Well that’s it. Now you know new iOS 6 beta 4 features and can be sure that official version will brings to us even more great changes. Now I’m waiting for the official iOS 6 release with more passion.