iCloud Control Panel 2.0 Beta for Windows Features
Yesterday iCloud Control Panel 2.0 beta for Windows was released. iCloud is a cross-platform service, and when we talk about updates, they also should be cross-platform. Starting from iOS 6 Apple makes the next step in the social sphere: it converts the whole photostream in an online gallery where images can be assessed and discussed with friends. Until last night one could experience the “General photostream” (yes, sounds not that promising) only from iOS 6. Now …No, the OS X users were pushed backwards this time, forgotten a little bit and at first a new feature was given to the court of PC fans on Windows 7.
There’s the list of innovations waiting those who is ready to download the beta version of the iCloud Control Panel 2.0 for Windows:
- Support for Shared Photo Streams;
- Ability to create a general invitation or reply to them directly in your Outlook calendar;
- Improved invitations to events;
- Built-in calendar notices;
- The problem with incorrect warning when adding a reminder is solved;
- Improved reliability of your contacts, reminders (in Outlook – «cases») and iCloud calendars;
- To get to the iCloud.com is now possible from the “Start” menu and iCloud Control Panel.
As for the Photo Streams it was said that the function is experimental, and therefore it is still too early to say the absence of bugs. When switching from one Apple ID to another it is recommended to reboot (this is Windows, baby), after the logout from the account – manually “kill” the process Explorer.exe, etc.
The users of Windows got really lucky to feel the new iCloud Control Panel 2.0 beta prior to users of other operating systems. For sure that was done because the majority of computer users prefer this OS and Apple will collect more bug reports, correspondingly will fix all the beta version problems to roll out the final product to the users. Despite the beta is pretty raw and has some conflicts with Microsoft’s software, it’s a good chance to experience the cool features of Control Panel.Tags: iCloud, ios 6, windows