Choose Your Method to Save iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs For Future Use
If you are iPhone user and like to have order in you stuff I advice you to backup 5.1.1 SHSH blobs. It may be needed for preserving jailbreak and downgrading iOS to lower version.
You may know that SHSH blob is a unique key or, in other words, secure hash which Apple uses to verify legitimacy of your iOS firmware. Apple allows to restore firmware until they sign SHSH blobs. But it lasts a limited time. And after that time Apple stops sign SHSH and doesn’t allow restore to any lower firmware. That’s why it is very important to save SHSH blobs for future if there will be a need to downgrade your iOS or secure future jailbreak.
You may say that future hasn’t come yet. However we all know that iOS 6 official release is not long to wait. So you better backup 5.1.1 SHSH blobs to keep them in case you will need to downgrade iOS 6 in future. It is very comfy. Who knows when will we see untethered jailbreak and free unlock for iOS 6?
So in case you don’t know how to save your iPhone SHSH blobs I’ll help you to do this. There are three methods to do that. You can use two different tools or you can try one Cydia tweak.
List of iOS 5.1.1 SHSH Blobs Saving Methods
I mentioned these three method because these were the best methods save blobs. You can choose any of them. And they all are good for iOS 5.1.1 however these methods are good for any iOS versions.
You can backup 5.1.1 SHSH blobs using Redsn0w 0.9.14b1. This method is very easy and quick to perform. All you should do is to download Redsn0w and follow my guide:
- Connect you iPhone to the computer
- Download and open Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 and go to Extra => SHSH Blobs => Fetch.
- Enter DFU mode and click Next. Wait till Redsn0w will display Success!.
- To verify if you SHSH blobs are saved just go to Extra => SHSH Blobs => Query, type * and click Ok. You can see your 5.1.1 SHSH blobs.
Note: In case you need detailed tutorial guide go here and save 5.1.1 blobs using Redsn0w 0.9.14b1.
Another method to save iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs is to use TinyUmbrella 5.11.00b. So follow steps below:
- Connect you iPhone to the computer.
- Download, install and open TinyUmbrella 5.11.00b and and in right hand panel enter you administration login and pass-code.
- Go to Advanced and uncheck Set host to Cydia on Exit together with SHSH from Cydia and only now click Save SHSH. Choose the folder to keep it.
Note: The how to guide which you can perform to backup blobs using TinyUmbrella you can find here with detailed instructions.
There is amazing Cydia tweak available for download. You can use iSHSit to backup SHSH blobs on iOS 5.1.1. So here we go:
- Launch Cydia and Search for iSHSit. After you find in just install.
- Now open iSHSit and setup all settings correctly. Verify iPhone model, firmware version and all other options and click Save.
And that’s it. Now you have blobs saved in this Cydia tweak.
Note: If you have something missed and this method doesn’t work you can have more instructions following this link to backup blobs using iSHSit.
I hope this guide was useful for you and now you are safe because you made iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs backup. Now you don’t have to be worry about downgrading iOS 6. It gives you the possibility to update your iOS to official 6 version and jump back to previous version.
If there are some questions you can use comment section below and leave them. Also you share buttons to help people to save blobs before it’s not too late.